This creamy mushroom pasta dish is perfect for a weekly dinner. The comforting recipe without cream or milk is delicious and only takes 30 minutes to make.
Ok so this is the kind of vegan recipes that will make you ask yourself why on earth we need milk and cream. The sauce made of cashews is so creamy you won’t believe it is made out of plants.
This creamy mushroom pasta recipe is now one of my favorites, I hope you will love it as well!
🌱 Source of selenium
🌱 Rich in vitamin B, D
🌱 Antioxidant properties
For 2 servings
- 180g pasta of your choice (I used whole wheat spaghettis)
- 300g fresh button mushrooms
- 40g cashews
- 3 tbsp liquid seasoning (such as Maggi)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Start by soaking the cashew nuts. You can either do it the day before or let them stand in boiling water for 10 minutes while preparing the recipe.
Cook your favorite pasta according to the packaging instructions.
Heat oil in a pan, slice the mushrooms and sauté them on medium heat. Once the mushrooms cooked, add the liquid seasoning.
Remove cashew nuts from water and rince them. Add them to a mixer along with half of the cooked mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix and progressively add 100-300 ml water until reaching the desired consistency.
When the pasta is cooked, remove water from the pan and add the sauce along with the remaining mushrooms. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
Notes and variations
- The mushroom sauce goes also very well with couscous, rice, quinoa and vegetables.
- In case of leftovers, think of adding a dash of water before re-heating them since the sauce tends to thicken.